cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

License Expiration Date

TG_10520066
6-Contributor

License Expiration Date

How do I find the expiration date of CREO license on my computer?

Best,

Cruz

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TG_10520066)

File - Options - Licensing - Info

TG_10520066
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

TG_10520066_0-1679322267805.png

Info tab on my system is dead. Can't select it for some reason.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TG_10520066)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS361262

1. Run ptcstatus -v in DOS mode
    • ptcstatus.bat is under C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin and <Creo loadpoint>\Parametric\bin folder
  2. Review info under Expire Date and Days Remaining columns

TG_10520066
6-Contributor

When I run in DOS mode, it says not recognized:

TG_10520066_1-1679342202668.png

ptcstatus does not run correctly when I've just installed Creo. The installation process doesn't seem to, for me, set the path specifications correctly, so the command window is unable to find the program. I always have to change my path to include the Creo installation "bin" directory. For my current installation, this is:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.1.0\Parametric\bin

This is where ptcstatus.bat resides. If you have administrative priviliges on your computer, or can temporarily obtain them, you can set the path environment variable to include the above path specification, then ptcstatus will work for you.

TG_10520066
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

That makes sense. So, I ran the command using my server computer and it shows the days remaining as permanent. I think my owner bought the perpetual licensing with CREO.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That option is grayed out on my system, too. I am the admin!

The ptcstatus -v does work, but something is wrong in the way it is counting days!

BenLoosli_0-1679323629422.png

365 days to a year and next January is less than a year away, but Days Remaining has an extra 365 days in the number.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Mine only shows some of the available licenses.

ptcstatus -v shows a complete list with correct days left on the few that we have subscriptions for.

Most of ours are still permanent licenses.

Old school DOS skills, LOL, cd.. 

Hi,

open license file in Notepad and look into "table" - see below

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
# PTC Host ID xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
#FeatureName Qty Product Release Type Expiration Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************
#PROE_EssentialsII 1 Creo Essentials Team Creo 9.0 Flt Lic 25-mar-2024 0R1234567

Martin Hanák

I am on a client computer and when I try to run the command, following error appears:

TG_10520066_0-1679342131987.png

Top Tags