cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

License Failure

pewalker
1-Newbie

License Failure

Hi Everyone,

I have a been working with PRO-E with no issues for last 2 years until today, after a windows update and an update to my wireless link, I have lost access to my PRO-E, it keeps coming up with a message 'License request fail - invalid host'. Does anyone know how this can be sorted out such that it starts to work again. Hopeful for some answers to resolve it. Thanks Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions, it is appreciated. I have had the puzzle resolved by support, who were able to identify that the main network card for which the license is tied had become disabled. I don't actually use the main card as everything is on the wireless link, but because this had become disabled there was nothing to indicate that this was the case as only the Pro E was affected.

It was then a simple action by support who identified the issue via a remote link and resolved very quickly, so I am back up and running.

Thanks for all those who replied to my post.

Cheers

Phil

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pewalker)

Is the license serevr host up and running?

Is the FlexLM license management software running?

Did the system upgrade change the order of the NIC cards?

Is the active NIC address on the license server the same as the one in the license file?

Phillip,

Seems due to Windows update, network card priorities on your machine has changed. If you are in active maintenance, please open a support case.

Phillip,

Try to use the option "Reconfigure Software Licenses" on PTC's site: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

Philip,

inside your license.dat file, you can find MAC address and name of computer, that was used during FLEXnet installation. Both information must be valid for your computer.

To check MAC addresses of network cards, you can open Command prompt window, launch ipconfig /all command and look for Physical Address info.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions, it is appreciated. I have had the puzzle resolved by support, who were able to identify that the main network card for which the license is tied had become disabled. I don't actually use the main card as everything is on the wireless link, but because this had become disabled there was nothing to indicate that this was the case as only the Pro E was affected.

It was then a simple action by support who identified the issue via a remote link and resolved very quickly, so I am back up and running.

Thanks for all those who replied to my post.

Cheers

Phil

Top Tags