cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

License Manager for ME10

PhilippeB
4-Participant

License Manager for ME10

Hi all,

We have an old version of ME10 10

I must change the old server (Win2003) to a new one (Win2012)

Anyone has any ideas how do i download and reinstall the LM?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Somehow a baffling system.

You have a valid old license but you have leaved the support.

After years you need again eg a fresh License Server program but you cant get it because you have no more support and thus no more access to the downloads.

Without support, you can only mail at PTC a generel requests, explain your plight and hope that PTC can/will help you.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You should install the latest MEls version available through PTC Support site [Support], [Software download], [Drafting], [Release 19.0], [PTC-Creo-Elements-Direct-License-Server-Windows-190-F000].  (15 MB).

Hope this will help.

Somehow a baffling system.

You have a valid old license but you have leaved the support.

After years you need again eg a fresh License Server program but you cant get it because you have no more support and thus no more access to the downloads.

Without support, you can only mail at PTC a generel requests, explain your plight and hope that PTC can/will help you.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

ME10 and all other CoCreate Software can be used "forever" - even after getting out of Support.

However, getting the newest license Server (MEls) is really tricky, because you don't have Access to the PTC download page.

Also, you will not be able to log a Supportr Call with PTC.

I guess the only wayto get the newest license Server is to get it from a customer who has this piece of Software.

Concerning "I must change the old server (Win2003) to a new one (Win2012)"

I assume that "old Server" and "new Server" are two different pieces of HW?

I ask this question because your Licenses are generated for a given HW-ID.

If "HW-ID" is a MAC of a Network Card, you will probably need to "float" you licenses

to a new HW-ID - and for this you *MUST* contact PTC Support.

PhilippeB
4-Participant
(To:PhilippeB)

Hi Max,

Yes I know, but PTC support is ok to change my license to a new ID.

The problem was to find the software...

Hi Philippe,

Well, if PTC lets you float your license to a different HW-ID then PTC should also give you the required license Server Software.

This is possibly a gap in PTC's process but you should give it a try.

btw. the license Server Setup is 16 MB.

Regards,

Max

Hello Phillipe,

suppose you have to pay for this service.

Be careful that you choose the correct device.
Standard: The license can be written to the IP of a network card of the new computer.
But there are also other possibilities.
For example, an external network adapter which is connected via USB to the computer.
If you need to change again in the future,  simply connect the adapter to the new computer at the next change

Hi Philippe,

Good to see that your question is marked as answered.

Did you manage to get the MEls Software, and how?

The answer will be valuable for other customers who are not under support but need to move the MEls to a different HW.

Thanks,  Max

PhilippeB
4-Participant
(To:PhilippeB)

Hi Max,

PTC modifed the license file without charge and someone from the community sent me kindly the software.

Top Tags