cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

License Server unreachable by Windows 10 -PC

Francesco_Osti
6-Contributor

License Server unreachable by Windows 10 -PC

Hi everybody,

I am installing Creo 6.0.2 into a school lab.

Tha lab has Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs.

License server is a Windows Server 2008 R2.

The W7 PCs can reach the server during the installation and everything worked without problems.

W10 PCs can't reach the server, both using server name or server IP address.

If I use the server name, nothing happens. If I use the IP address, it says that server is unreachable.

But I can ping the IP address of the server from a cmd prompt, and the ping works fine.

Windows firewall is disabled on W10 and I set up rules on 7788 port and the xtop.exe, parametric.exe, and other executables as described in this article.

Is there something missing?

1 REPLY 1

@Francesco_Osti wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am installing Creo 6.0.2 into a school lab.

Tha lab has Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs.

License server is a Windows Server 2008 R2.

The W7 PCs can reach the server during the installation and everything worked without problems.

W10 PCs can't reach the server, both using server name or server IP address.

If I use the server name, nothing happens. If I use the IP address, it says that server is unreachable.

But I can ping the IP address of the server from a cmd prompt, and the ping works fine.

Windows firewall is disabled on W10 and I set up rules on 7788 port and the xtop.exe, parametric.exe, and other executables as described in this article.

Is there something missing?

Hi,

is firewall enabled on license server (Windows Server 2008 R2)? If the answer is YES then disable it -OR- define incoming rules for license manager processes.

Note: I do not understand why W7 machines works well and W10 ones do not.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags