cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

License file

BertilRogmark
6-Contributor

License file

I have an old properly paid PTC license coupled to a Linksys USB100TX Network adapter which has followed me over the years through a number of changed operating systems..

I moved to a new computer running Windows 10 and  found out that there is no Windows 10 driver for this adapter. Consequently I cannot get the new computer to recognize the adapter and therefore I cannot get Proe setup accept the license file.

I have tried to change the MAC address in the properties of the network adapter in the new computer and when I run "ipconfig /all" the old desired MAC address is displayed but when I try Proe setup, it still lists the adapter's original MAC address as host ID.

I stopped paying license maintenance 8-10 years ago so I don't suppose it is possible to go back to PTC and ask for a license file with a changed MAC address.

Any idea anyone?

7 REPLIES 7

Can you use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option (?): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

I have tried but only get an error message - presumably because my email is
no longer listed as paying for support.

@BertilRogmark wrote:

I have an old properly paid PTC license coupled to a Linksys USB100TX Network adapter which has followed me over the years through a number of changed operating systems..

I moved to a new computer running Windows 10 and  found out that there is no Windows 10 driver for this adapter. Consequently I cannot get the new computer to recognize the adapter and therefore I cannot get Proe setup accept the license file.

I have tried to change the MAC address in the properties of the network adapter in the new computer and when I run "ipconfig /all" the old desired MAC address is displayed but when I try Proe setup, it still lists the adapter's original MAC address as host ID.

I stopped paying license maintenance 8-10 years ago so I don't suppose it is possible to go back to PTC and ask for a license file with a changed MAC address.

Any idea anyone?

Hi,

PTC allows license transfer from old MAC address to the new one even if you stopped paying maintenance. Try asking your PTC VAR for a help.

Martin Hanák

Where can I find PTC VAR?

Bertil

Sorry, could you be so kind and take me through the required steps.

Bertil

Click on the link Vlad provided.

On the left fourth thing down is a button to click for your area. For me (USA), then you choose which state you are from. Then you click on the "business card" for the PTC Partner you have and contact them.

Top Tags