cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

License problem

ptc-865042
2-Guest

License problem

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.2.0

I have a weird problem with a Creo PC. Let me explain:

the PC in question (PC0008) has installed Creo 6.0.2.0, and 2 license :
one fixed for Creo Parametric
and one floating for the machining Option (we have 2 CAM licenses installed on the license server).

However, the PC takes both licenses from the server and since on the server we only have 2 floating licenses for the CAD, it often gives the message that the license is not present and close.

until a few months ago everything worked correctly, but now I have been told that it loses the license so I checked and I see that it also takes the PROE_Essentials license from the license server ignoring the locally installed license

P.S. Since the Machining Option licenses are used only by 2 PCs and no one else, wouldn't it be possible to change these 2 licenses so that they can be assigned and installed directly on the machines concerned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please upload your parametric.psf file

-OR-

check its contents by yourself. Two following lines are important.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=...

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=...

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

please upload your parametric.psf file

-OR-

check its contents by yourself. Two following lines are important.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=...

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=...

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

I've checked on the "twin" PC (I had 2 station with same settings that use CAD & CAM)

the PC that takes both licenses from server ignoring the local installed fixed license have this content

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@dia-batch01;C:\Program Files\PTC\lm_16608869_3737185.txt
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_EssentialsM (10114)

the PC that takes only CAM license from server and CAD fixed license installed locally have this content

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\Program Files\PTC\lm_16608774_3736985.txt;7788@dia-batch01
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_EssentialsM (10114)

the only difference is the order of the 2 licenses. for testing i changed the order in the parametric.psf file and i see if something change.

this seems to solve the problem, not all PC take first local fixed license, and then the Machining Option Floating License on Server, leaving other Creo Floating Licenses on Server for other users.

Thanks Martin for pointing me in the right direction.

Roberto

The licenses are always taken in the order you specify in the .psf file. If you want to have people take a specific license for some purpose (I do this with Manufacturing licenses) you need to have two .psf files, one with the common, everybody can take these licenses, and a second one with just the "special" ones. If Creo sees more than one .psf file it will give the user a menu option to select the one they want.

Otherwise, if you just want them to use up one pool of licenses and then go on to the next pool of them if more people need them, just put them in the preferred order.

Thanks Ken

in my case have been enough put in the same psf file the right order of the licenses and now PC's take correct licenses.

Roberto

Top Tags