cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Licensing of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 under Windows 10

felixb
2-Guest

Licensing of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 under Windows 10

Dear all,

I am trying to use my Student edition of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 under Windows 10. Installing the software was no problem at all. I can also access my account. But I cannot get a license file. The system puts out "Invalid parameter values have been passed in. The application cannot continue." I tried several ways as mentioned on the PTC website to get the host-id and there are two ids. One for my ethernet adapter and the other one for my wifi adapter. Apparently my install runs on the ethernet adapter. Even having figured out this I cannot get a license file. Is there another way to get it or edit my old license file?

Best regards
Felix

2 REPLIES 2

@felixb wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying to use my Student edition of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 under Windows 10. Installing the software was no problem at all. I can also access my account. But I cannot get a license file. The system puts out "Invalid parameter values have been passed in. The application cannot continue." I tried several ways as mentioned on the PTC website to get the host-id and there are two ids. One for my ethernet adapter and the other one for my wifi adapter. Apparently my install runs on the ethernet adapter. Even having figured out this I cannot get a license file. Is there another way to get it or edit my old license file?

Best regards
Felix

Hi,

you try following:

• download Creo 6.0 installation media
  • install Creo 6.0 (K-12 students can use Product code BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12, University students can use Product code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI)
  • hopefully you will get Creo 6.0 license file (located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory)
  • use Creo 6.0 license file to configure Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 startup command

Please read following documents, too.

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_schools_standard.pdf 

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_unistudent_standard.pdf 

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

thanks for your mail and the hint. I hoped that there could be an easier solution. I will try your suggestion as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Felix

Top Tags