cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Licensing

bobwriggins
1-Newbie

Licensing

The computer at my office is down. I am trying to work from home using a floating license for Creo Parametric. I am unable to get Creo Design advanced to operate correctly. I believe the license is locked to the computer at work as I can only access the floating Design Essentials license. Is there a way to transfer the locked license? My replacement  computer won't be ready until next week and I'll need to set that up as well.

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bobwriggins)

2 options

1) take your laptop from home to the office, connect to the network and borrow a license

2) transfer the license from your work computer to your laptop and then transfer back when the system is restored

The video card in the computer at work is fries, I'm unable to access it. Is there a way to transfer the license without having access to the hard drive on the computer at work?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You said floating license, so I assumed the licenses are on a server, not your workstation. If the license server is down, then the temp license transfer is the only method. But you said you can get 1 license, so are the licenses floating or node locked?

The license at work is locked, the other license is floating but is only the Creo Essentials license

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Your only option is to go to PTC.com and transfer the locked license from your dead computer to your laptop.

Simple process, just need to know the IP address of your 2 computers. If only a few licenses, you may be able to browse and find the dead computer's address. If you have installed Creo on your laptop, then there is a program in the bin folder called ptcstatus.bat that will get you the IP of your laptop. Laptops have multiple IP addresses, so use the one that ptcstatus returns.

@BenLoosli wrote:

Your only option is to go to PTC.com and transfer the locked license from your dead computer to your laptop.

Simple process, just need to know the IP address of your 2 computers. If only a few licenses, you may be able to browse and find the dead computer's address. If you have installed Creo on your laptop, then there is a program in the bin folder called ptcstatus.bat that will get you the IP of your laptop. Laptops have multiple IP addresses, so use the one that ptcstatus returns.

Just small correction ... license is assigned to so called HOST-ID (physical address of network card)

To transfer license, you need to create user account at PTC with appropriate rights.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags