cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mapkey / Shortcut Key conflicts

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Mapkey / Shortcut Key conflicts

I am working on creating a mapkey to insert a table. When I create the mapkey - "rrrr" - just a test mapkey, I get the following error:

Mapkey_Error.JPG

Is there a way to know what short keys are out there and how many conflict there might be?

Thanks, Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Chris3)

Thanks Chris3,

From the Creo Parametric Options page, is there a way to list all the shortcut keys from all sections vs clicking on the various modes?

(added)

I just found in that same area:

Category: All Modes

Show: Commands with assigned shortcuts

Most modes have Activate (with Ctrl+A). It looks like you can have the same short cut under different modes. If I understand correctly, mapkeys work across all modes (though you may have to set the mode in order to execute the commands of the mapkey). Because of this, that is why mapkeys cannot have the same callout as any of these other shortcuts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

File -> Options -> Customize -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

This help page has more detailed info:

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_optm/usascii/index.html#page/optm/options_modeler/fund_three_sub/keyboard_shortcut.html

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Chris3)

Thanks Chris3,

From the Creo Parametric Options page, is there a way to list all the shortcut keys from all sections vs clicking on the various modes?

(added)

I just found in that same area:

Category: All Modes

Show: Commands with assigned shortcuts

Most modes have Activate (with Ctrl+A). It looks like you can have the same short cut under different modes. If I understand correctly, mapkeys work across all modes (though you may have to set the mode in order to execute the commands of the mapkey). Because of this, that is why mapkeys cannot have the same callout as any of these other shortcuts.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Yes, there is an "all modes" option in the drop down. There will also be a "Resolve Conflicts" button if you do have conflicts that will show you any conflicts you have.

Capture.PNG

Top Tags