cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mass Properties and Family Tables

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

Mass Properties and Family Tables

Is there a trick to get the Mass Properties to refresh in family tables.

The steps I have taken are:

1. Create a solid part BOX 12x12x12

2. Compute current mass properties

3. Regen

4. Add relation --> surface=mp_surf_area(")

5. Save

6. Create family table --> add column --> add "SURFACE" parameter and the three dimensions

7. Insert a few new instances and modify some of the dimensions

8. Verify

9. The surface area displays 864.0 for all the instance even though the dimensions are different.
[cid:image002.png@01CF3A03.AD7F2EA0]

10. Regen

11. Check the family table and the surface area values are still the same.

12. The only way I seem to be able to get it to update is to make a change to the file that requires the family table to be verified.

I also have a config.pro setting --> mass_property_calculate automatic

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

[cid:012445618@15012007-1FE4]
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The verify process is doing the 'regen' on the FT members, so the update to the surface would not take place until that was done. I had the same issue with FT member weights in WF2.

I've always had to resort to the following:

After making dimensional modifications but before verifying the table make the following pick:

Tools > Show System Mass Properties

Then perform the Verify step with the properties showing.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CF3C26.756FD1C0]
Mike Foster
ATK

Thanks for the reply Mike,

Turns out that the key element that I was missing was setting the "Relations" under "Post Regeneration"

[cid:image004.png@01CF3D00.4CFCBD40]

Regards,
Top Tags