cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mechanica hangs at the end of the analaysis???

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Mechanica hangs at the end of the analaysis???

I am just about to blow a gasket because of Mechanica. After having numerous problems with creating a mesh and ignoring a mesh, I am now having problems with Mechanica hanging up right at the end of an analysis that takes 4 hours to run! It gives no errors and doesn't even really crash, but it won't get any further than "Begin Strain Energy Calculations" on the second pass. I have tried letting it sit over night and I have even tried running it from the command line using a batch file, but it always gets to this point and hangs up.

The thing that is really irritating is that I have 8 loading conditions on the same model and 5/8 run without issue.

Anyone know what causes it to hang like this or what I can do to get it unstuck?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Can't help you, but you have my sympathy.

This is typical of Mechanica. When it works it's bl**dy brilliant. When it decides not to work it's incredibly frustrating, especially because (as you say) it seems to work fine in some situations and then suddenly not work in apparently similar ones, for no apparent reason.

Not sure if it is related, but when I stop the analysis and try to save the model it says "Mechanica model save error".

They are under different load sets because I can't keep up with them otherwise.

What do you have for Geomchecks?

Any warnings or errors when you mesh the model manually?

No errors and only warnings about angles between edges.

I have deleted all of the load sets except for the load I am currently interested in analyzing...and it still hangs at the end of the analysis.

It's probably time to open a Case with Technical Support, providing your model (or a simplified version that reproduces the issue) - if you can.

There is only one report in our database about an issue where strain energy calculation hung and it had to be software fixed for Wildfire 4.0.

And the "Mechanica model save error" sounds like a session corruption happening during the engine run.

Nothing to say against continuing with finding a workaround, though ...

Just make sure to keep all roads open.

Top Tags