cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mechanica won't use saved mesh?

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Mechanica won't use saved mesh?

I'm not sure what is going on with my installation of Mechanica, but it absolutely refuses to use a saved mesh for an FEA. I have 8 loading conditions I have to check on a model that takes approximately 30 minutes to mesh. Every time I run an analysis it recreates the mesh and causes unecessary wait time. Is there some sort of options I am missing or what?

5 REPLIES 5
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:TractorGuy)

Hi TractorGuy

Tried one of these?

runsettings.PNG

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst
(To:ehaenen)

Tried every combination including unchecking it..still tries to create a new mesh every time.

ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:TractorGuy)

Tractorguy

Together with your results issue (it doesn't want to vcxomplete that, it looks like you are very close to having to make your simulation model again.newsimmodel.jpg

Tractorguy,

Create a saved mesh using autogem and post a screenshot of the Messages from the Diagnostics dialog.

Don

Try unchecking Override Defaults in the dialog box above.
Was autogem able to create the mesh without any error messages or warnings when you manually created the mesh? If not you will need to address those issues first other wise it will continully try to fix them each time it runs the analysis.

Top Tags