cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Model Manager: Is there a way to export a "Master BOM"? Or write "Scripts" for MM?

cbennett2
1-Newbie

Model Manager: Is there a way to export a "Master BOM"? Or write "Scripts" for MM?

My configuration control experience is limited, but it seems like what I trying to accomplish should be possible.  I am thinking one of the following options would work for me, but I don't know what is possible in Creo Elements/Direct Model/Drawing Manager (17.0).

1) I have a large assembly, which in addition to having many individual components it also has many sub-assemblies as its components.  I would like to be able to EXPORT a BOM for the top level assembly and for all of the sub-assemblies, and so and so forth.  I know that this can generate a lot of data, but i want to be able to cross reference the BOMs to our storage facility to make sure we have received all the parts.

2) A second, not as efficient, method would be if there was a way to write a script that could take a list of part numbers as input and then output the BOMs individually.  Is there any way to interact with Model Manager via scripting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

May be I misunderstood your requirements.

But it could be easy provided you have a BOM Manager license. Using the Model Manager BOM Editor you can explode your full assembly, re-arrange your columns to display every masterdata attribute you would like, and then export to MSExcel; HTM or CSV.Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

May be I misunderstood your requirements.

But it could be easy provided you have a BOM Manager license. Using the Model Manager BOM Editor you can explode your full assembly, re-arrange your columns to display every masterdata attribute you would like, and then export to MSExcel; HTM or CSV.Capture.PNG

Thank you Louis - I think if I tinker with this enough, I can get what I need from it.

Top Tags