cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Model Tree Won't go back into browser

ptc-4864603
1-Newbie

Model Tree Won't go back into browser

I wanted to try the model tree independently but I want to change it back. Nothing that I do gives me the options to re dock it in the window settings, even after deleted the configs I entered.

help! is so annoying now. thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4864603)

well I think I have a solution for you.

For that option to be selectable, you must close all but one window, and only then may that option be toggled.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

It's probably in the config.win. If you haven't customized the windows I think it can be deleted; just to be safe, rename as config.keepme and restart.

i ended up finding an old version of the below file and replaced it. messed up some of my customized toolbars, oh well.

creo_parametric_customization.ui

is that what you meant by chance?

ty

Ever since you posted this question, I've been tempted to try this

What does PTC have to say about this oversight in their specifications?

Didn't even know that PTC was adding even more confusion to their interface control.

It should have plain text file content and be editable using notepad. I'm dreaming.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Is the "display as separate window" option grayed out?

or is it that you can check and uncheck this box?

it's very confusing. hopefully I recall this correctly, add these 2 configs..

www_tree_location=out

enable_tree_indep =yes

restart Creo and goto windows settings and then you can set which side, etc

I'm not sure why I couldn't get it back in, I've done it from time to time if I need a lot of columns. i wouldn't recommend it.

i would recommend floating the layer tree with.......

floating_layer_tree=yes

i've never had a problem reverting that, it requires a restart too.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

does that mean your model tree is now docked?

yeah, but i had to load an old ui file. 😞

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

I had a similar issue. So incase it comes up again, (and you may have already done this) but I fixed it by going to file>options>window settings> then checking, or un-checking, the "Display as separate window" box.

I'm curious, did you try this?

strange thing was it wasn't able to be deselected, it was greyed out.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

well I think I have a solution for you.

For that option to be selectable, you must close all but one window, and only then may that option be toggled.

I'm scared to try it since I got it fixed, but now I'm curious in case I need to seperate it sometime.

I thought I remembered some super secret handshake and chant to make it work!

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

ha ha yes it should work. I really recomend the floating model tree; makes my screen seem bigger. with that you can now see both your layer/drawing tree and model tree at the same time.

Also I created a mapkey to open and close the tree.

model_tree_start no

mapkey x @MAPKEY_NAMEHIDE TREE;@MAPKEY_LABELHIDE TREE;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEnvModelTree` 0;

if none of that works, that means you're doing the handshake wrong.

don't you still have the browser docked taking up space? that's why i've never found it useful since the browser takes up the same amount of space.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Yes it is.

My solution was creating a mapkey. Then, using one of the three auxiliary buttons on my mouse (I'm not sure what they are really called but auxiliary sounds like it should work) I assigned that button to the key stroke that runs my map key.

With one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse with extra buttons I can toggle the model tree and my layer/ drawing tree very quickly.

I Know this is just a preference thing but I think it's a great

This is an interesting bit of information. Not sure what affect it has on the current problem, but it is interesting.

http://communities.ptc.com/blogs/vpalffy/2011/07/21/creo-parametric-10-saving-customizations

that's a good link! thank you.

Top Tags