cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ModelCHECK, ACCURACY_INFO does not update absolute accuracy values. It does update relative values

lgreene
4-Participant

ModelCHECK, ACCURACY_INFO does not update absolute accuracy values. It does update relative values

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.5.0

In ModelCHECK, ACCURACY_INFO does not update absolute accuracy values. It does update relative values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lgreene
4-Participant
(To:ML_8126119)

I did . . . resulting in SPR 14464196.

Development team has fixed the issue and the fix will be available in Creo Parametric 8.0.9.0. and 9.0.5.0.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:lgreene)

Perhaps the setup of your ModelCHECK is not taking into account that the limits are defined by different parameters depending on whether the accuracy is absolute or relative. A quick online search using "creo modelcheck accuracy_info" yields the following:

ModelCHECK Accuracy 

In brief, it calls for:

ACCURACY_LOW and ACCURACY_UPP for relative accuracy
MIN_ABS_ACCURACY and MAX_ABS_ACCURACY for absolute accuracy
lgreene
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did consider the limits for both Relative and Absolute

I can change the accuracy to the absolute value in the regular, manual way just not with MC

hadardor
17-Peridot

Hello,

By ModelUPDATE mode, Creo ModelCHECK automatically changes the accuracy to this value if the accuracy is not within the acceptable limits.

Use this syntax in the start configuration file:

MU_ACCURACY ABSOLUTE 0.001

lgreene
4-Participant
(To:hadardor)

Thank you for providing your comment.

ModelUPDATE mode is a bit too aggressive for me.

I want ModelCHECK to warn of unacceptable accuracy value and provide the option to change it then.

hadardor
17-Peridot

Hi,

Please refer to Help Center about Check option ACCURACY_INFO:

• Reports the type of accuracy (relative or absolute) and its value.
  • Reports whether the value set is within an acceptable range.
    • The acceptable limits are set using the following constant configuration options:
      • ACCURACY_LOW and ACCURACY_UPP for relative accuracy
        • Default range in inch.mcn or mm.mcn file is 0.0005 - 0.0013
      • ​​MIN_ABS_ACCURACY and MAX_ABS_ACCURACY for absolute accuracy
        • Default range in inch.mcn or mm.mcn file is 0.001 - 0.0030
  • In order to be able to report models with incorrect accuracy, set MU_UPDATE to N
    • If MU_UPDATE = Y is required, set MC_SKIP_CHECK_UPDATE to ACCURACY_INFO 
  • MU_ACCURACY option in the start configuration file can only work in the ModelUPDATE mode. Creo ModelCHECK automatically changes the accuracy to this value. It cannot decide if it is a warning or an error.

Hope this help clarify this topic.

lgreene
4-Participant
(To:hadardor)

Thanks for the recap of the help files.

I've got a ticket in on this. 16689343

ML_8126119
4-Participant

Did you get any support for your ticket?  I am experiencing the same issue where updates can be made thru the model properties but changes are not applied if changed in the ModelCheck interface.

lgreene
4-Participant
(To:ML_8126119)

I did . . . resulting in SPR 14464196.

Development team has fixed the issue and the fix will be available in Creo Parametric 8.0.9.0. and 9.0.5.0.

Top Tags