cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ModelCHECK Configuration Settings Edit

SS_10441348
3-Visitor

ModelCHECK Configuration Settings Edit

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

Totally new to Creo. Trying to open up the ability to edit the configuration settings in ModelCHECK (Check Files, Start Files, etc.) so that we can create custom defaults- currently these options are greyed out. Can these settings be unlocked or what is the procedure to accomplish this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SS_10441348)

The first thing I do is copy the ModelCheck (mdlchk) folder to a common network location.

The files under the text folder can be edited with any editor.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The first thing I do is copy the ModelCheck (mdlchk) folder to a common network location.

The files under the text folder can be edited with any editor.

Thanks for the reply Ben.

So I have created a copy of the modchk folder and changed the path. Does this look correct to you? Should the config files now be editable within Creo, as shown? or do we need to edit them outside of Creo?

SS_10441348_0-1666029705222.png

SS_10441348_1-1666029769914.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Youi should be able to edit them from Creo, if you are in the admin 'group' of ModelCheck. You do NOT want all users to be able to edit the ModelCheck files. Personally, I edit the files with Notepad outside of Creo.

Thanks again for the reply Ben. You've been a big help already.

I have been working with the admin settings. My understanding is that you modify the MC_AUTHORIZATION_FILE line in the config_init.mc file as shown -

SS_10441348_0-1666041238769.png

Then you create the external_access.txt file at the following location (C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.0.0\Common Files\modchk\text\usascii\config\text) using the following format -

# ModelCHECK authorization file
#######################
#User List
#################*#####
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR administrator
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR <insert additional admin>
#######################
#User List
#######################
LIST_USER

Is that correct?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That looks right.

Does it work for you?

Currently not working still from within Creo but may be a path issue. Is this the correct path or what is the root location it's looking for? -

"\\Server\*\Creo\modchk\text\usascii"

Actually looks like it's working now. Thank you for your help!

Thanks for the help so far Ben.

I've been working with the admin settings. My understanding is that I need to edit the MC_AUTHORIZATION_FILE line in the config_init.mc file as shown -

SS_10441348_0-1666042725146.png

I then need to create the external_access.txt file at location C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.0.0\Common Files\modchk\text\usascii\config\text (or network location) with the following format -

# ModelCHECK authorization file
#######################
#User List
#################*#####
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR administrator
LIST_ADMINISTRATOR <insert user here>
#######################
#User List
#######################
LIST_USER

Top Tags