cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ModelCheck - Parameter Text All Caps

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

ModelCheck - Parameter Text All Caps

Is there a way to use ModelCheck to require the text within a string parameter to be all caps? We have a parameter that's used within a drawing and it should always be capitalized.

5 REPLIES 5

There is a SPR 2848239 on this topic and they say they have fixed in Creo 2 M170 and others,

but still Creo 2 M180 & Creo 4 M030 has the same issue. Unable to update to uppercase for parameter notes.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS203024&language=en&posno=1&q=SPR%202848239&source=search

@manjunathrv Do you know if the NOTE_CASE check will work with a STRING parameter in a .PRT, .ASM. or .DRW? The PTC help documentation keeps referring to NOTES (which I believe is drawing focused) which makes me think it won't work for STRING parameters in a .PRT, .ASM, or .DRW? We have a DESCRIPTION parameter on all Creo objects that should always be capitalized.

Yes, NOTE_CASE is applicable only on drawing. This is the limitation for us too since we have all the parameters in the model which is called on the drawing.

Also currently the notes in the drawing title block also can't be updated to uppercase since they are part of format;

MC just identifies the lowercase text for title blocks.

I see that the Spartan Four MT font displays in uppercase regardless of how typed.  This might be an option. The uppercase and lowercase text all look the same as uppercase.

Thanks. This is good to know. but the problem is if this font is changed for whatever reason then the text changes back to lower case.

Top Tags