cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modeling slow when drawing up in another window

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Modeling slow when drawing up in another window

I'm on Creo 2.0-m090.

I have an assembly drawing, with 6 pages, different simplified reps show on different pages and a couple additional sub-assemblies added.

I've been working on the BOM listing, I have a model tree config I load that shows all the parameters use to fill out the Repeat Region. This allows me to edit those values in the model tree.
I stretch the drawing over two screens so I can see the BOM table in the right screen and the model tree in the left screen.

This assembly has about 325 unique parts, because of duplicates, there are several times that in the assembly as a whole. I don't think of this as a huge assembly.

When I'm going through the model tree, I'm looking for files that may have been downloaded from a vendors site that are missing the parameters we use in our BOM. When I find one, I open it up from the model tree.

Just opening the part or assembly takes way longer than normal. When I try to add the parameter either with a mapkey or manually, it's very slow to respond.

The valve I was working on just had a handful of parts, so I collapsed the drawing window, and saw some improvement in speed, but not a lot.

I then switched back to the drawing and closed it. (Still in memory). Went back to the valve assy and opened up another part that needed parameters added and it opened up at normal speed and the parameter dialog responded normally also.

It's pretty clear to me that there is something fundamentally wrong in Creo. Just having the drawing displayed in a non-active window that's behind the other windows is causing a huge slowdown in the active window.

Three Questions:
=============

1. Has anyone seen this behavior?

2. You have an SPR number for it?

3. Are there any config options that might improve the situation?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:davehaigh)

Hi David,
There seems to be some issues with large drawings and opening new models/windows according to this case:
Top Tags