cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Models from ifx missing or wrong names (student version)

MR_10647026
2-Guest

Models from ifx missing or wrong names (student version)

Hello Guys,

i have a problem with my screws and the intelligent fastener and i do not find a solution.

i am using the student edition (9.0.0) of Creo with some downgrades which i cant understand (cant add Dowel Pins, its greyed out?). But thats not my main problem:

My Problem is, after i created a .asm in a long shift, i opened it another day and all the screws i added are gone: "12x Model missing" it says.  I think the problem is, the name of the part in the tree has the length in it, the library in my ifx folder does not, so it wont "find" it ?

i can add screws manually and they are perfectly built in again, but they are gone when i close and start Creo again.

Washers are not the right size when i do it manually.

With the Student Version, i cannot open the options of the intelligent fastener.

when i try to convert the bib and just click yes (the parts are already in that path which is named as "new" there), it says it failed the convert. I tried to search for the ifx_convert.log, but there is no file on my pc with that name.

i also tried to add the parts folder to the config via search_path, but it did not work.

i hope someone can help me, i am new to Creo and have actually no idea how many things work.

Washers  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you have to make sure to save your assembled screws and also make sure that Creo can find it after reopening the assembly.

The files in the library (ifx_fastender_data) are only templates.

They are used if you create a new fastener.

The template is copied and the dimensions and parameters are changed.

Then it will be renamed to include the diameter and length in the name.

So please verify were your new assembled fastners are saved to.

Note: 

The student version does not allow to modify your models nor to use the dowel pin functionality.

It is also not possible to change the options.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

you have to make sure to save your assembled screws and also make sure that Creo can find it after reopening the assembly.

The files in the library (ifx_fastender_data) are only templates.

They are used if you create a new fastener.

The template is copied and the dimensions and parameters are changed.

Then it will be renamed to include the diameter and length in the name.

So please verify were your new assembled fastners are saved to.

Note: 

The student version does not allow to modify your models nor to use the dowel pin functionality.

It is also not possible to change the options.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you for your fast end helping Answer !

Top Tags