cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Modifying default note settings

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Modifying default note settings

My colleague is trying to modify the default information that pops up in the note when you create a hole using the hole tool. The note properties look like this

"&METRIC_SIZE &THREAD_SERIES - &THREAD_CLASS &STD_HOLE_TYPE &VAR_THREAD &THREAD_DEPTH
&NUMBER_SIZE DRILL ( &DIAMETER ) &VAR_DEPTH &DRILL_DEPTH -( &PATTERN_NO ) HOLE"

My colleague wants to know where the system pulls that information from so that he can edit the information that pops into the note by default.

note.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Chris,

To edit the note ,go to the model tree and select the note under the hole feature id. and Edit the properties.

Hope this will help you guys.

You can add or customise the note to display in the drawing.

Thanks

Chander.

I'm actually looking for where this information is saved in the pro/e folder so that when a hole is created only the information I want to show up in the note, shows up. So it's beyond modifying anything in the pro/e interface.

Generally the hole folder will be in this location.

Try this

C:\ptc\proe\text\hole

(I guessed the Pro/E is installed in the C Drive).

Copy the required type of the hole ( NPT or the ISO and modifiy)

So for example if I don't want the lets say hole daimeter to appear in the note by default, I copy that file and delete the corresponding entries in the C:\ptc\proe\text\hole folder?

Top Tags