cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mouse set up

sroselli
1-Newbie

Mouse set up

hello, i have a mouse with a lot of buttons and to spare times while I am working I would like to make use of them so: does anybody know how I can set up further commands on my mouse other the basic ones?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I hope that you can configure mouse buttons to run mapkeys defined in config.pro file.

MH

Martin Hanák

‌hi,

i have been looking for config.pro but couldn't find it. Could you be more precise? I am quite new with CREO. thanks anyway

Config.pro is a text file that Creo uses to save your preferences.  By default, there isn't one but as you set options in the configuration editor (File > options > configuration editor) Creo will ask if you want to save them to a config.pro file.

In order for it to load automatically, it needs to be named "config.pro" and be saved in either you Window home directory, the text folder in the Creo load point (by default in Creo 3 that's C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\[build]\Common Files\text) or the start up folder.  The start up folder is defined by the "Start in" field in the properties for the icon used to start Creo.

Mapkeys are recordings of a series of commands that you can execute by a series of keystrokes.  The mapkey command isn't in the ribbon, you find it by searching for "mapkey" in the command search.

As for how you'll assign them to your mouse buttons, that would have to be done through your mouse driver, assuming it allows you to assign keystrokes to a button.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags