cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Mouse wheel zoom not working on Windows 8.1

ptc-6675423
1-Newbie

Mouse wheel zoom not working on Windows 8.1

We installed Creo 2.0 on two computers. One computer runs Windows 7 and one runs Windows 8. On the PC running W8 mouse wheel zoom is not working. We tried using three different mice from different manufacturers and got the same result so we are guessing the problem is in the operating system. So does anyone have any ideas on how to make zoom work on the PC with Windows 8? ty

EDIT: Just to add, we can use the mouse wheel in every other program normaly and can even scroll trough tabs in Creo. Only zoom does not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the welcome and the offer but my colleague managed to find the cause of the problem. Program we use called WizMouse (it lets you scroll inactive windows under the mouse pointer without having to click on them first) was in some sort of conflict with Creo. After the WizMouse was disabled mouse wheel zoom in Creo was working fine.

If you want you can replicate the problem on Windows 7. We tried installing WizMouse on our laptop with W7 and the same problem occurred.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the forum, Niko.

This sounds like a reportable bug. Do you have maintenance so you can create a support case?

I still use Windows 7 so I cannot compare.

Thank you for the welcome and the offer but my colleague managed to find the cause of the problem. Program we use called WizMouse (it lets you scroll inactive windows under the mouse pointer without having to click on them first) was in some sort of conflict with Creo. After the WizMouse was disabled mouse wheel zoom in Creo was working fine.

If you want you can replicate the problem on Windows 7. We tried installing WizMouse on our laptop with W7 and the same problem occurred.

Glad you got it worked out, Niko.

set_trail_single_step no

tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:smptmmtk)

I just upgraded to Win 10 and mouse wheel zoom isn't working. I tried adding the trail file command to the config.pro with no luck.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:tbrotherhood)

Did you try the mouse settings in this post?

How to make scroll wheel zoom work in Windows 10 with Creo Parametric

tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for the pointer, it worked fine for me.

Just upgraded to IsoDraw 7.3 from 7.2. Lost the ability to reduce/enlarge graphic size via mouse wheel. I do not have WizMouse on my system. Any fixes available?

mganzer
1-Newbie
(To:akerns)

What Darko said. Set that config option has worked for others.

Top Tags