cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Moving a License

Rubes
1-Newbie

Moving a License

I have a personal use version of WF4.0. This computer is unfortunately too slow, so I want to move it to another new dedicated CAD machine. Is there a license transfer utility? or how would I go about installing it on the new machine?
3 REPLIES 3

With my Student version of 4.0 I just uninstalled it on the slow machine and then the license was released.

I don't know if it's the same but our licenses are locked to the MAC and am pretty sure they need rewriting to work on another computer. They will be commercial licenses though.

Hello Rubens, Do you have a valid PTC Account and Password? You can move the license in Pro/E using the Licensing functionality. Go to the http://www.ptc.com/support/index.htm link In this click the Licensing tab and then click the option "Reconfigure Software Licenses" You will then be asked through a series of steps where you can then move your license from one host id to a new host id. You will then be mailed the new license file from PTC which can be used to install Pro/E on the new machine. If you have any queries mail me on bronson.dmello@pdsol.com.au
Top Tags