cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Multiple Licenses on Single Server

MikeCavins
12-Amethyst

Multiple Licenses on Single Server

We have 6 licenses that are on maintenance and 4 that are not.  Right now, they are all capable of running up to Creo 3. 

The question is, can we (how do we) use a single server to run both of the sets of licenses?

Our new license pack should only include the 6 that are on maintenance, how do we reach the other 4?

Are any of you already doing this?

(Just Creo, no Windchill etc.)

Thanks,

MIke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MikeCavins)

Your license file should include all 10 licenses on 2 lines.

One line should show the 6 undermaintenace and valid for Creo 4.

The second line should have the 4 expired licenses and only goo through Creo 3.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Your license file should include all 10 licenses on 2 lines.

One line should show the 6 undermaintenace and valid for Creo 4.

The second line should have the 4 expired licenses and only goo through Creo 3.

Ok, I was hoping this would be easy, but our VAR was telling us we need to split them to different servers.

Thanks,

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Don't know why they need to be split.

These are the lines from my single license file:

#PROE_Flex3C             2    Creo Enterprise SE (formerly Pro/ENGINEE   Wildfire 5.0 & Creo Flt Lic  perm
#PROE_Flex3C             8    Creo Enterprise SE (formerly Pro/ENGINEE  Creo 2.0 Flt Lic  perm
#PROE_Flex3C             7    Creo Enterprise SE (formerly Pro/ENGINEE  Creo 4.0 Flt Lic  perm

Since I am still on Creo 2, I have 15 licenses. When I go to Creo 4, I will only have 7.

But my 2 for WF 5 and 8 for Creo 2 will still be valid and used IF I exceed the 7 AND run one of the older versions of Pro/Engineer.

Hi,

if you use Creo 3.0 and version of all licenses is 34.0 or higher (see INCREMENT line in license file), then you do not need to split license file to two.

Splitting would be necessary, if you want to use Creo 3.0 and Creo 4.0, too.

Martin Hanák

That might the case I wrote about. It was like 4-5 years ago, so I don't remember all the details, but I do recall we had problem with consolidating licenses and ended up with using multiple server.

There may be a problem, if both licenses have the same internal name (like both are identified as PROE_FoundationAdv). If there are two same names, flexnet doesn't differentiate between them and makes only first set of licenses available, ignoring the second one.

At least we had this problem with one of our customers with similar question - after all licenses have been consolidated on single server, some of them weren't listed in Flexnet because of duplicate names and instead of having 12 licenses available, there were only 8, for example (remaining four licenses came from this additional license with duplicate name).

That may be a reason Mike's VAR has told him to use separate servers.

Top Tags