cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

My configuration don't reach the good libraries on windchill

AS_6220358
3-Visitor

My configuration don't reach the good libraries on windchill

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.4.0

We have a business configuration and Winchill as PLM (PDM). In our configuration we point to our libraries (our libraries are on windchill). We have, for example, libraries for our drawing template. But when I create a new drawing care don't reach the libraries we ask in the configuration, we reach the standard PTC libraries.
This issue starts one day with no explication, I'm the only user who has this issue and we tried some re-install and install on an other computer but nothing change.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AS_6220358)

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals/fundamentals/fund_five_sub/Using_the_Options_Dialog_Box.html#

Application Effective Icons
The icon to the left of each option indicates whether a change is applied immediately, or on the next startup. The lightning icon means immediate effect. The wand icon means the change is applied to the next object created. The screen icon means the change is applied in the next session.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

The config option that controls the location of the templates includes the name of your Windchill server.  Double check that the name given in Creo matches the name given in the config file.  If these don't match, Creo will default back to it's built-in ones.  The name is case sensitive.

TomU_0-1674739858277.png

TomU_1-1674739964009.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I agree with Tom. Every time we upgrade Creo or someone is setting up a new computer, the server name is an issue. We use all caps in our server name and that is almost always the stumbling block.

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

We have created a mapkey and added it to a button on the ribbon that shows when you first start Creo. The mapkey sets up the new server with our name filled in. We still get a few people with an issue but it's VERY few.

mapkey ms2 @MAPKEY_NAMERegisters Server for XXXXX;\
mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELConfigure XXXXX;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdUtilWebRegServ` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1` 1 `ServerMenuPane`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1` 1 `ServerMenuPane`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `siteregistrydialog` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `siteregistrydialog` `ServerRegisterNewPshBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel` `XXXXX`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel` `XXXXX`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerNameIPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel` \
mapkey(continued) `URL`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel` \
mapkey(continued) `URL`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `registernewserverdlg` `NewServerLocationIPanel`;

I have put XXXXX in place of the name we use and URL in place of our server address

Hi evry one, and Thank you 

The issue was exactly what Tom describ , My server name have been modify ( i don't know why), so i correct it and it's ok. 

But i've still a small issue, my drawing configuration still not fonction. I will check all the path again. But what 's the different beetween the different symbol int the configuration panel ? ( the magic wand, the lighting beam  and the small computer)

creo_issu.PNG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r8.0/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals/fundamentals/fund_five_sub/Using_the_Options_Dialog_Box.html#

Application Effective Icons
The icon to the left of each option indicates whether a change is applied immediately, or on the next startup. The lightning icon means immediate effect. The wand icon means the change is applied to the next object created. The screen icon means the change is applied in the next session.
AS_6220358
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

Ok thank you very much. So my drawing set-up's charge when I open a new draw ( in theory). I checked all my path for this but every seems to be good so I don’t understand why I can’t upload my drawing drawing set-up's.  The best solution I found is a macro ... 😄 

Top Tags