cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Need: PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120.

ninehundro
7-Bedrock

Need: PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120.

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120 they can share?  That was the PTC licensing software used on my old laptop to share my Creo 2.0 license with my workstation.  I am upgrading from Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0 M040 and need to move my license server to a new Laptop, but I don't have the installation file for PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120.  I believe that is the most stable license server for single seat licenses.

-Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ninehundro wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120 they can share?  That was the PTC licensing software used on my old laptop to share my Creo 2.0 license with my workstation.  I am upgrading from Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0 M040 and need to move my license server to a new Laptop, but I don't have the installation file for PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120.  I believe that is the most stable license server for single seat licenses.

-Paul

Hi,

you can copy FLEXnet installation directory from old computer to new one. Then you can launch lmtools.exe and create FLEXlm service for PTC manually (use information available on old computer).

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@ninehundro wrote:

Hello,

-Paul

Hi,

you can copy FLEXnet installation directory from old computer to new one. Then you can launch lmtools.exe and create FLEXlm service for PTC manually (use information available on old computer).

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin.  I had heard years ago that you can do a similar thing with a Pro/E (Creo) installation too since the registry isn't modified during a Pro/E install.  I found my old FlexNet install file so I was able to use that.  It seems to be working. Now I need to verify all my licensed modules are working correctly.

-Paul

@ninehundro

License manager you are looking is old and not available for download on PTC Web. You may download Wildfire 3.0 and install license manager from Wildfire 3.0  

Link to Download 

Thanks Mahesh!  I think that would have worked except I don't have access since my maintenance is up.

-Paul

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an old version of FlexNET will work with a newer Creo version like 3.0. I seem to recall having to upgrade our license server when we moved from Creo 2.0 to Creo 4.0.

Of course, maybe I have it backwards and the newer license versions are not compatible with the older Creo releases...

Either way, if you are moving to Creo 3.0, wouldn't it be easier to install a new release of the licensing? As long as you have the necessary license files, I would think that is "cleaner".

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

Creo 4 required a new version of FlexNet.

Aha. That explains it. We jumped over 3.0 straight to 4.0 and thus had to make the jump in servers.

Noted.  Thanks Ben.

-Paul

Hello Ken,

I found the old FlexNet install program (PTC License Server Release Wildfire 3.0 Datecode M120) that worked for Creo 2.0 and it seems to be working for Creo 3.0 M40. I still need to verify some of the licensed modules I purchased are working.

-Paul

Top Tags