cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

New Creo 7 installation crashing

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

New Creo 7 installation crashing

My company recently switched from Creo 2.0 to Creo 7.0. For the past few months I have had Creo 7.0 installed for the purposes of testing but just this week we switched over to using it for production. Up until this point I have just been using it for modeling and FEA work and never had any issues but today several people started using it for drawings and we have found a way to crash it consistently. To crash it we simply insert a custom symbol, middle mouse click, and the screen completely disappears. There is no error message and the program is crashing so quickly that it doesn't even generate a traceback.log file.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue all day and I haven't had any luck. I tried all of the usual things like updating video/system drivers, setting "graphics win32_gdi", reinstalling creo, removing all customizations, verifying Windows system files, running a memory check...pretty much everything I could think of to narrow down a video or system issue.

Does anyone out there have any ideas of something I can look for that might help me narrow this down while I'm waiting for my support team to get back to me (may take a while because they are in another country)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, after some digging it looks like there are some specific issues with the hardware we have (Quadro P2000) and the Creo 7.0.8.0. After rolling back from the latest Nvidia driver to version 517.66 the problem appears to be resolved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TractorGuy)

Let's start with the build of Creo 7 you are using.

We found issues with builds prior to 7.0.7.0. Not in drawings per say, but other areas, that we updated immediately when 7.0.7.0 was released. I have been using 7.0.9.0 for the past 2 months.

Are these new drawings created in Creo 7 or older drawings created in Creo 2 or prior versions of Creo/Wildfire? Have you tried both new drawings and old drawings?

Are these old symbols or new ones? Again, try both and see if it may be something in an older symbol that Creo 7 does not like. We went from Wildfire 4 to Creo 4 to Creo 7. I have not seen any issues with older symbols, but I also had to create a bunch of new ones when we were on Creo 4 due to changes in what the symbols said and corporate requirements.

Build is 7.0.8.0 and the drawing or symbol version doesn't matter. It's occurring with old versions and newly created ones.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TractorGuy)

Test without using your start part or a drawing template also.

Hi,

test adding drawing option update_drawing all into old drawing, update the drawing and insert a custom symbol + middle mouse click. If it helps then there is some hidden problem in the drawing. In this case I suggest you to send the drawing + model to PTC Support. They can provide more detailed information about healing tha drawing.

Please read https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs31562

Martin Hanák

Ok, after some digging it looks like there are some specific issues with the hardware we have (Quadro P2000) and the Creo 7.0.8.0. After rolling back from the latest Nvidia driver to version 517.66 the problem appears to be resolved.

Top Tags