cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

New service release of Mathcad 15 M050

EPeters_PE
9-Granite

New service release of Mathcad 15 M050

Hey there,

Newly opened my own consultancy, having been using Pro/E since the days of SGI Indigo machines and Pro-Engineering Rev 12 but, been out of the administration game for 13 years and I'm trying to catch up.  I used to be able to load multiple versions of ProE/Creo on our machines then create different start scripts to pick the version I wanted to work in, can this be done today?

My case is that I bought and loaded Creo4, Creo5 just came out so I would like to play with it, and some of my customers may be on versions as far back as Wildfire 5.0, so is it still possible to load multiple releases on the same machine and pick and choose which one to execute, if so how?

Thanks,

Erik

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, it's no problem to run multiple versions on one PC. I currently have Creo 2, Creo 3 & Creo 4 on my machine. Your license should run any and all versions that your PC will support.  A modern OS will probably not run anything older than maybe WF1, I'd guess.  Depending on your license configuration, you may only be able to run a single session at a time, so you may not be able to call up both Creo 3 & Creo 4 simultaneously, but both can be run independently.

They should install in separate folders by default, but just double check that the newer versions aren't trying to update and overwrite the older at install time.  They should each create their own icons in the start menu or on the desktop, depending on your choice at installation.  Also, Cfreo now sets windows file associations for the first couple hundred file iterations or so.  The last version installed will be the one that those associations are tied to.

I'd create a dedicated space for your config files outside the loadpoint.  The default location is the text folder of the loadpoint, but that makes them subject to being overwritten or lost when upgrading builds, so I'd create a separate area for your config files and point the "start in" field in the shortcut for launching each version of Creo there.  I'd keep separate files for each version as well as options are created and removed in each version and occasionally the default behavior of an option is changed from one version to the next.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

How do I get to the software to download @ ptc.com?

If I use the Install Mangler Manager I only get Creo 4.0 as an option.

No problem on the config.pro, I've played that game before.  I install my "normal" config.pro in the "basement" <build>/text/ that has 90% of what I want dialed in, keep that backed up after each modification. Customer config.pro resides in the start directory to set file locations or to switch units.  That way my personal settings are always the same, but, I dial in for each customer requirement for the ancillary files needed.

Thanks,

Erik

You need to access the eSupport Portal

This assumes you are currently on active maintenance. Once there you will be able to get old versions - when I checked it was offering me anything from Creo 5.0 down to Pro/E Wildfire 2.0. Do those old versions run on the more recent Windows versions? I don't know.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags