cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

News from PA

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

News from PA

Some days ago I noticed that Recommendations gadgets were no more visible and I reported this issue to PTC.

Today they wrote that Recommendations gadgets are back, so I tried to add them to my dashboard and then I discovered some other news.

As you can see in attached picture there is a new section called Compatibility BUT it is accessible only by premium users.

What does premium means?

People who are in active maintenance cannot access this section?

Compatibility.PNG

Marco
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Remember that survey a couple of months back about the future direction of the Performance Advisor?  There were many questions dealing with additional capabilities that were being considered and whether or not you would be willing to pay extra for each of them.  I'm guessing this is the result of that...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Yes Tom,

I remember that survey.

Because of how much we spend on maintenance (the number has five zeros), my answer has always been that we do not want to spend more money for a SW which we have already paid to purchase it.

Marco

Excellent memories.  We did survey customers and we spoke to many customers at several events.

We developed the Performance Advisor to delvier a brand new way of supporting you - especially CAD Admins.  Turns out, the survey said you really like the idea of the tool and dashboard and what you value most we delivered right out of the gate: issue visibility and recommendations.  Just like our software is enhanced over time, those features will improve.

We also plan to add features that offer a higher level functionality, like the new compatbility gadget.  Again, like our software, especially CAD, we have basic packages and higher level packages.  So we're following a similar process that provides these Advanced Features just to those who value it - they may not be for everyone.  But check it out and if you're interested in learning more let us know.

In the meantime, we'll continue to improve the whole experience and provide everyone on active Support more and more assistance to help your team gain productivity.

James,

I don't want to leave your answer without a reply.

I am not against to pay an additional fee for these services if they bring me some benefits (this is my opinion not of the company where I work).

What I am not convinced it's PTC request to pay an additional fee without first to assess if this really brings me any benefits.

Marco

I think PTC made this video as an answer for my last comment.

Compatibility Checks in Performance Advisor

Marco
Top Tags