cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

No licence on first startup - what do I do?

Steve1
1-Newbie

No licence on first startup - what do I do?

Hi I'm new here and have downloaded and installed CoCreate PE on my laptop at home, my problem is I a ""no valid licence for cocreate PE"" message and can't get any farther. I've asked about this in a thread on the other forum in a thread that had the exact same problem, the solution wasn't posted there though so I don't know if it was resolved. I'm running win 7rc (was an XP comp but new hard drive an I took the oportunaty to try the new one) Also a little about myself. Self employed sign maker, ex engineer with a workshop full of older equipment as engineering is my hobby. I have a medium sized CNC mill running mach 3 hence my interest in 3d CAD, I also use Meshcam and Sheetcam. Thanks Steve
34 REPLIES 34
Not applicable
(To:)

Quick status note: I think I was able to identify the cause of the issue now. We don't have a workaround yet, but I'll keep you posted, of course. Sorry for the inconvenience! Claus

I was kinda fearing that there was not happening much. Good to hear there is progress.
Not applicable
(To:WouterPortegijs)

anonymous wrote:

bulletholes - 2009-07-22 8:51 PM I have the same problem on Windows 7. I can't say I really understand the purpose of having a license key on a free product. Why would PTC create such a difficult and time consuming registration/licensing process?

GSchaub
1-Newbie
(To:)

Any workaround yet for Windows 7? I have a dual boot setup right now with the RC build and XP. CoCreate is really the only thing holding me back to XP.

Has anyone found a solution for running CC ModelingPE on windows7? Or is a fix in the works? thanks
Top Tags