cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

No valid License

Not applicable

No valid License

Dear forum, after being in contact with PTC support, I post my question here. Starting CoCreate PE for the first time I expected to see a login sceen. But instead I only get a message box "Keine gültige Lizenz für CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition" (no valid license for...) I am trying to use the German edition on XP Home After being pointed to this forum, I did read all the applicable threads in the forum and also followed the troubleshooting guides there. I do also not have the mentioned Spyware Doctor installed. Even after disabling my Avira Antivirus and the Windows firewall I still get the same ""Keine gültige Lizenz für CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition"" message right after the splash screen. I also produced following OLAPE output: (not sure if this helps) OLAPE Debug Output ================== UTC time=02.05.2009 08:49:39 Local time=02.05.2009 10:49:39 OS version=Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Windows XP Home Platform=Win32NT command-line argument[0:0000000000] = 3D SDLANG = german trying to assign localized messages using a ResourceManager culture = de-DE culturePrefix = de/ finished to assign localized messages using a ResourceManager reading Windows session data username = Besitzer hostname = PRIME reading stored account data baseKey(OneSpaceModelingPE) == null, creating registry keys Maybe you have another idea? I would be happy having it running!
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
(To:)

Thanks for the report and the debug information! The logging output stops at a point where the authentication process tries to create/write registry entries. Maybe there's a tool on your system which prevents the application from writing to the registry, or at least to certain areas in the registry. Claus
Not applicable

Hi Claus, Thanks for the Idea, I had former problems with TortoiseSVN, which was not able to write the Registry. There I just changed the permissions in regedit fot that subtree. I have no extra tool installed, but it seems that writing the registry is limited by security permissions for any (unknown) reason. Do you know in which subtree the keys to be written are? Then I could try to add permissions. Thanks so far!
Not applicable

Hi! the Point with the registry access was it! Just ensure that the current user has write access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoCreate that's all. thanks a lot anyway
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm sorry it took so long to resolve this problem, and I hope you can now finally enjoy experimenting with CoCreate Modeling. And thanks for sharing the resolution of the problem here in the forum. This will hopefully help others as well. If you ever find out what exactly blocked access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoCreate in your case, please let us know! Thanks! Claus
ptc-2890956
1-Newbie

anonymous wrote:

fabianhu - 2009-05-09 8:03 AM Just ensure that the current user has write access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CoCreate

Top Tags