cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Nvidia drivers 32 bit

mwatson-2
1-Newbie

Nvidia drivers 32 bit

Can creo work on a Dell Latitude E6430 LaptopRunning windows 7 32 bit with a NVIDIA NVS 5200M.

6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forum Mark.

I suggest you only use the Dell drivers. I have a Precision laptop with an NVidia card and only the Dell drivers work properly. NVidia drivers directly from NVidia cause serous artifacts in auxiliary windows regardless of version.

Thanks, maybe I should go for a Precision m4800 and change the opertaing system down to 32 bit!

Why do you need the 32 bit as opposed to 64? 64 allows much more RAM and will help to future-proof your machine.

We are running other software that will only run on the 32bit, however we are trying to change all the systems to 64bit.

Thanks

Mark,

Yes the E series is an office model and the Nvidia NVS seris is not supported by PTC. The M serries would be your only way. And I concur that you should not even considder 32 Bit as an OS on the M Serries. I find it hard to believe that ANY 32 bit app would not work on the 64 Bit platform. It should still be able to be installed and run.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if you already purchased you machine or if you are still shopping but here is Platform Support page:

For Creo Parametric 2.0:

• From the Table of Contents, click "Certified and Support Graphics Cards" then click the manufacturer from the "Workstation Vendor" column.

If a machine configuration is not listed on the Platform Support page it does not mean neccessarily mean there will be any issue. Many untested machines perform just fine (sometimes better ) but the specific ones listed have been tested and certified by PTC and will be supported.

Top Tags