cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Open assembly having missing external references

milind.badgujar
1-Newbie

Open assembly having missing external references

Hello All,

I am trying to open a assembly file which was created using external references.Now those reference files are missing and while opening that file dialog box appears to select missing reference files.

I would like is there any config setting , setting which will allow me to suppress add missing reference dialog.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I believe you want this one:

fail_ref_copy_when_missing_orig no

You'll get a warning, but the copied geometry will remain in the last state when the external ref was present. It will not fix, however, missing assembly components. Those will have to be suppressed, deleted or found at retrieval.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags