cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Opening large STEP files

RobParsons
1-Newbie

Opening large STEP files

When I open a large step file is there a configuration setting so I don't have to baby sit my file opening. STEP file size is 800MB We are using CREO 2.0, M100

CREO+issue+with+large+STEP+file.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It worked !

Took about 40 min.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Change the config option

show_geom_checks_on_creation no

and this issue will disappear.

I do not recommend leaving it that way or this will by-pass warnings on geomchecks when modeling. I have added this to my "config favorites" to it can be set to no when importing, and yes when modeling.

Thanks Bill, this will help immensely.

I added this to my config.pro. and restarted. I'm opening the file now, and notice I'm getting a message at the top of the CREO window: Creo Parametric (Not Responding). Also the message window is only at 5% after 30Min. Should I assume CREO has crashed or is this normal?

I would let it go. Perhaps if you are not in a hurry, start the import when you are leaving and let it run overnight. I do not have experience with 800 Meg file imports, but even on my smaller 50-200 Meg imports it can take 30 min to an hour +.

If possible, have the import file local (on your hard drive) to speed things up.

It worked !

Took about 40 min.

Thanks for the help.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags