cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Opening large STEP files

RobParsons
1-Newbie

Opening large STEP files

When I open a large step file is there a configuration setting so I don't have to baby sit my file opening. STEP file size is 800MB We are using CREO 2.0, M100

CREO+issue+with+large+STEP+file.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It worked !

Took about 40 min.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Change the config option

show_geom_checks_on_creation no

and this issue will disappear.

I do not recommend leaving it that way or this will by-pass warnings on geomchecks when modeling. I have added this to my "config favorites" to it can be set to no when importing, and yes when modeling.

Thanks Bill, this will help immensely.

I added this to my config.pro. and restarted. I'm opening the file now, and notice I'm getting a message at the top of the CREO window: Creo Parametric (Not Responding). Also the message window is only at 5% after 30Min. Should I assume CREO has crashed or is this normal?

I would let it go. Perhaps if you are not in a hurry, start the import when you are leaving and let it run overnight. I do not have experience with 800 Meg file imports, but even on my smaller 50-200 Meg imports it can take 30 min to an hour +.

If possible, have the import file local (on your hard drive) to speed things up.

It worked !

Took about 40 min.

Thanks for the help.

Top Tags