cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Output as .ZIP file

psinghal
1-Newbie

Output as .ZIP file

I have windows 10 64 bit on which I am trying to convert .drw to .dwg in pro engineer 4.0. The file instead of converting in .dwg converts to zip archive which has the dwg files in it.

every time for opening the .dwg  file in autocad I have to extract the zip and then use .dwg in it.

Please help me....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I don't have access to WF 4 anymore, but check your config.pro options. I remember their being some setting to automatically zip files. See if you have that set.

I haven't made any changes to config.pro file. Its the same setup installation on other computers where it works fine. Anyways Can you please tell where to look for this file if it helps and what to look for.

check for the config.pro option   preferred_save_as_type

if it is set, remove it.  (edit config.pro with notepad or wordpad)

The default locations for your config.pro is:

c:<load dir>/text

your start in directory (the one that is in your start icon)

If you have a different start up method, you need to check for other options where your config.pro may be placed

ron

EDIT:

you may just want to output the file as a .dwg or .dxf from WF4

not able to find config.pro in the startup directory. I just want to output the file as .dwg but instead of creating a .dwg file it creates a zip file containing .dwg and 2-3 more files which I have to extract and then use in autocad.

Open up Windows Explorer. This is not Internet Explorer.

Double-click on the C: drive icon

Search for config.pro.

There will be at least one file somewhere on the C: drive.

More help on finding files using Microsoft windows is available at the Microsoft web site.

Searching in Windows: frequently asked questions

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:psinghal)

It sounds like your drawing may contain shaded views.  Creo/Proe is not able to embed these directly into the DWG file and instead saves them as separate images.  Take a look at this article from tech support.  It's written for Creo, but Proe has worked this way at least back to Wildfire 2.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS208576

Top Tags