cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

PE 3.0 opens then instanly closes,help!

JonathanWillis
1-Newbie

PE 3.0 opens then instanly closes,help!

Hello!I've only been using PE 3.0 for a few days and I love it!The only issue I have is after a couple of days using it,the program just closed.I thought I had accidentaly closed the program but on restarting,it opened the start screen and immediately closed again.I've tried new graphics drivers,reinstalling,everything I can think of with no progress.There appears to be pop-up open on the start screen in the instant it opens,but I can't read it before it the program closes.I found another post referencing the same problem and solving it by deleting a file,but no information on the file.If anyone can help me please respond,thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Can you check if this workaround addresses your problem:

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling PE 3.0 with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator

1. On Intel Graphic Media Accelerator the Hardware Acceleration especially in connection with the Enhanced Realism Option is not working reliably. If you are using Creo Elements/Direct Modeling PE 3.0 on a hardware with Intel Graphic Media Accelerator it is recommended to set the following environment variable:
    SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE
    this will disable the Hardware Acceleration including the Enhanced Realism option.
  2. If the Enhanced Realism Option has been activated in a Modeling PE session it might fail to start in the next session. If you experience such a situation, as a workaround you can remove the users application data folder for Modeling PE: ...\AppData\Roaming\CoCreate\CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition 3\30.0 (The AppData system folder could be hidden)
    Then restart Creo Elements/Direct Modeling PE 3.0 and remember to deactivate Enhanced Realism before ending the next Modeling PE session.
Top Tags