cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PIP_PSLD_WET_DENSITY … what is this?

shutzler
1-Newbie

PIP_PSLD_WET_DENSITY … what is this?

I understand by physics that MASS=DENSITY * VOLUME

PIP_PSLD_WET_DENSITY … what is this? I do not understand why this parameter is driving the mass property calculation of MASS versus the Density assigned in the material of the part. The material of the part should drive the MASS. And where does the PIP_PSLD_WET_DENSITY value come from?

.000722*.71385798=0.00051541

Seems to be close to what the mass is calculating but not exact

Hand Calculation:

Density of Copper = .296748 lb/in^3

Volume of tube = .71385798 in^3

Mass = .296748*.71385798=0.21183593 lb

I searched for PIP_PSLD_WET_DENSITY in the Config.pro options with no luck. And returned no results in an internet search.

I edited this parameter within the part to be the density of copper

And then I end up with the correct Mass of .128 lbs in the mass properties??!!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:shutzler)

The initial value comes from dividing the Weight/Length value by the cross sectional area of the line stock it's not tied to it because you can change the value. My guess as to why this controls the mass properties is so you can determine the properties of a system that contains a fluid. I'm also guess the material file is probably used for a Simulate analysis.

Top Tags