cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PLEASE HELP!! License problem!

ptc-2692087
1-Newbie

PLEASE HELP!! License problem!

I recently ordered a Pro Engineer & Mechanica Student Edition software cd. I tried to install it a few times but the intallation progress would not finish, so I cancelled and tried again, did not work. I then did a disk clean up, and cleaned the registry, deleted all folders concerning PTC (since the problem was that there was an old, not working version, installed) and when I tried installing again it worked! Intallation started, progress was looking good, I went out, left the PC on and running, when I came back there was some sort of error, installation did not finish. I uninstalled and tried again today, but it says that the product has been registered the maximum number of times and I can't do anything!! Did I lose my money? Is there a way to unregister the product code and try again?
3 REPLIES 3

Hey Carlos You should open a call at ptc tech support. They might need to re arrange your license file or some. Some times cleaning registry procedure can conflict more than what they fix. Buena suerte. Puedes perdir un procedimiento paso a paso de ptc para evitar inconvenientes con ellos.

Hi everyone. I'm having the same problem. I've tried contacting PTC but with no luck at all. Is there anything I can do? Thanks, Adrian

I am having the same problem. I went ahead and purchased a second license and loaded it on a different machine. This was successful but the other computers' resources get pretty maxed out trying to run Pro/E. I have opened a job with them but I haven't received a reply on the last issue. I hope they will simply reset my license so I can try to load it on my more powerful machine.
Top Tags