cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PRT Simplified Reps

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

PRT Simplified Reps

I have a user trying to use a simplified rep on his drawing but the option in the view properties is grayed out. This drawing is for a .prt (rather than .asm, which I've confirmed works as it's supposed to. Thus far I've been unable to figure out if any config option or .dtl setting is causing this.

Creo Parametric 2.0 M040

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DonSenchuk)

Part level simplified reps work differently than assembly simplified reps. You have to re-add the model to the drawing and select the desired simplified rep as the "new", active model. View then created with this model active (actually part & rep) will now be from that specific simplified rep.

Tom U.

So, users have to know days ahead of time (or weeks, months or years for future revisions), that they will eventually want a simplified rep on one or more drawing views. They have to create the rep and assign it to the drawing and create views in advance.

While I view this as a non-functional bit of the software, at least I have an answer I can pass on.

Thanks Tom.

In Reply to Tom Uminn:

Part level simplified reps work differently than assembly simplified reps.  You have to re-add the model to the drawing and select the desired simplified rep as the "new", active model.  View then created with this model active (actually part & rep) will now be from that specific simplified rep.

Tom U.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DonSenchuk)

No, it's worse. The drawing view can only be of one "model" (part + rep), and it can't be changed after creation (like in assembly mode). The rep must exist, be added to the drawing, and active at the time of view creation. That new view can never be changed to a different rep. If a new rep is created down the road, the view will have to be recreated after that new rep has also been added to the drawing (and activated).

Tom U.

Outstanding.
Top Tags