cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC Creo Agent error

jclaus
1-Newbie

PTC Creo Agent error

Has anyone seen this error message after a CREO 3.0 M020 install?

Should I remove and reinstall CREO M020?

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the help!

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jclaus)

Our users get this all the time, most frequently the first time they startup in the morning. Simply close and re-launch Creo. No reinstallation required.

jclaus
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Thanks for the reply Tom.

But, I see this error pop-up within minutes after every Creo launch.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you re-run the installer (without uninstalling first) is it listed as installed?

jclaus
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Looks like the platform agent is already installed.

Capture1.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

When you launch Creo, do you see the creoagent.exe process listed in task manager's processes list? (show processes from all users)

Maybe you could try uninstalling the Creo Agent using the Windows Add/Remove programs function and then try just reinstalling that one piece from the Creo installer....

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

I had the same thing happen when I installed Creo 3.0 M020 and M030 and the way I got around this after multiple installs was when I ran the setup.exe, I had to right mouse button and "run as administrator". Once I did the installation in this manner, that message had not been seen since.

Hope this helps,

Shane V.

as-3
3-Visitor

I have same problem with Creo 3 on my computer with Windows XP Professional SP2. I see the topicstater' dialog, therefore built-in browser didnt work. And when I start creoagent.exe manually I see next pic. What can I do with this? May I use other version of agent to work in WinXP?

creoagent.PNG

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:as-3)

Aleksandr,

Windows XP and Windows Server 2008 support is discontinued for Creo 3.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags