cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PTC Creo Parametric on MAC with VMware Fusion 7, 8?

mdavis-2
1-Newbie

PTC Creo Parametric on MAC with VMware Fusion 7, 8?

Anyone have any current success running PTC Creo Parametric on MAC with WMware Fusion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been running the last several releases on a Macbook Pro via Fusion and Win7.  Generally, things run OK, but have some issues with mouse behavior and key functions that are expecting a standard PC style keyboard.  I think there are solutions lurking in the cfg files for alternate key defs ,but haven't had the time to sort them all out.  I use a Logitech wireless mouse that has enough buttons to invoke most of the mouse features.

My latest issue is losing the License manager if I am not careful about putting the Win7 window to sleep or closing the lid on the machine.  (My normal behavior is never shutting anything down.)  Requires rebooting Win7, otherwise.

Punchline: if your alternative is to have a PC just for this task, I'd go for the Fusion/Win window.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I've been running the last several releases on a Macbook Pro via Fusion and Win7.  Generally, things run OK, but have some issues with mouse behavior and key functions that are expecting a standard PC style keyboard.  I think there are solutions lurking in the cfg files for alternate key defs ,but haven't had the time to sort them all out.  I use a Logitech wireless mouse that has enough buttons to invoke most of the mouse features.

My latest issue is losing the License manager if I am not careful about putting the Win7 window to sleep or closing the lid on the machine.  (My normal behavior is never shutting anything down.)  Requires rebooting Win7, otherwise.

Punchline: if your alternative is to have a PC just for this task, I'd go for the Fusion/Win window.

Harold, Thank you for your knowledgeable response. It looks like we will keep it simple and stick with our current PC based environment. -Marvin

Top Tags