cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Creo licensing issues

2wtech
3-Visitor

PTC Creo licensing issues

One of our clients has recently moved to Creo 3.0 after we migrated their servers to 2012r2 and 2016 boxes. We installed PTC LMAdmin on their new licensing server and added the needed licenses. When we go to the needed machines and install Creo 3.0 it discovers the license server and adds the licence however when we open any of the creo products it prompts us with the following error:

License request failed for feature

Requesting PROE_EssentialsM...

7788@LicensingServer: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding..

We have made sure PTC LMAdmin is running and that the needed machine is able to ping the server, and see its network shares. we also decied to run the reconfigure setup and entered the licensing server again, it once agian saw there was an available license on the server and added it. When opening Creo simulate it once again displays the same error as ab above. Is there something else that we are missing here? 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

usually 7788@LicensingServer: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding.. message means that Firewall is blocking access to licenses. In case that you use lmadmin_ptc service, you have to define two firewall rules on LicensingServer enabling incoming communication for lmadmin.exe and ptc_d.exe.

Note: To test "firewall problem" simply turn it off temporarily.

Martin Hanák

lixc.jpg

Hi,

you have to maximize Warning Message List window to display complete error message.

I guess that your license contains Creo 3.0 license and you are trying to launch Creo 4.0.

Martin Hanák

i have inserted creo 4 student edition license only,software was working correctly after installing it,then for 2nd time when i launch the software i am getting this error...

lixc.jpg

Hi,

so its simple ... Creo cannot start because it cannot find licence file

license_file.png

I do not know where did you save license file. Can you locate it on you disk or in your emails?

Martin Hanák

i save the file in E drive and it is in my email also

Hi,

so recreate file license_file.png from your email and start Creo.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

if license_file.png exists, then I guess spaces in folder names can cause the problem.

Replace spaces with underscores and modify path to license file in parametric.psf file located in CREO_LOADPOINT\Parametric\bin directory.

Martin Hanák

now software is not asking license as i reconfigure it..thank younow software is not asking license as i reconfigure it..thank you

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:2wtech)

There can be multiple possible causes for this error. Couple of causes are listed in Article - CS21768

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:2wtech)

Even this topic is old, want to add another possible reason: bug of Creo subversion

We have tried everything and then realized problem was with Creo itself:

Creo 4.0 M020 - works OK

Creo 4.0 M060 - error (-96)

Creo 4.0 M140 - error (-96)

Creo 5.0.5.0 - works OK

Creo 6.0.4.0 - works OK

Hope can help and save time & nerves...

Top Tags