cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PTC Diagnostic Tool not sending data for One User

tdraper
1-Newbie

PTC Diagnostic Tool not sending data for One User

I am seeing a weird problem with the diagnostics tool. One specific user is not appearing in the Performance Advisor dashboard. When I investigate this specific users PC I find the following:-

1. If I open the Diagnostics Tool and click on the Pending Data tab it shows the pending system information OK, but if I click on the PTC CREO PARAMETRIC tab the diagnostic tool just instantly closes with no error message and without showing and information.
  2. If I click the Send Now button (without clicking the PTC CREO PARAMETRIC tab) nothing happens.
  3. I have checked that the machine can connect by initiating a successful telnet session to the PTC server.
  4. There is a stack of unprocessed files in the AppData/Local/PTC/QualityAgent/UnprocessedFiles location.
  5. In the AppData/Local/PTC/QualityAgent/SentFilesLog location the QA_clienty_sentfiles_logs.log file has lines in it that list .json files with a comment saying problem in opening file.
  6. If I access my companies Performance Advisor dashboard in a browser, it states in the top left corner "Last updated: 3 days, 9 hours ago"

As I mention above, I've confirmed this is not a firewall problem by successfully creating a telnet connection.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

8 REPLIES 8

Tim,

I have a list of opened calls about Performance Advisor for Creo.

A couple of them is related to sent sessions not showing in my dashboard.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS221106

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS236266

To manually send sessions with Diagnostic Tools you must have Creo open (check in task manager if there is a CreoAgent.exe process).

Marco

Hi Tim,

It is interesting that it only affects a single user, and others can send successfully. This leads me to believe there is a problem on that machine specifically. Can you try shutting down Creo and PTC Diagnostic tools. Then rename the qualityagent folder, to force recreation. Then launch and exit a session of Creo. You should then see a new unprocessed folder with the newly created xml files. Then launch PTC Diagnostics and try 'Send Now'. If that is successful there is a problem with one of the files in your original unprocess folder, preventing a successful send.

Let me know what happens with this test, and we can decide if a TS case should be opened for a deeper look.

- Dan

Hi Dan. This did the trick, looks like something in the unprocessed folder was causing the problem. Just waiting for the diagnostics server at the PTC end to update to see if the results appear.

By the way, can I force an update on the PTC server, or do I have to wait for it to decide when to update?

Thanks,

- Tim

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:tdraper)

>> By the way, can I force an update on the PTC server, or do I have to wait for it to decide when to update?

Is there an Option to do this? I'm waiting for the Dashboard to update but it still shows Last updated 30 Days.

Quality Agent shows that information was sent and folders are created properly.

Bernhard,

if PTC doesn't fix issues about sent sessions not loaded in dashboard, we are all losing our time trying to investigate why these sessions doesn't appear.

I have two case open waiting an SPR:

Below you can read what TS asked me at the end of July.

I have sent requested files but have not received further news about it or a date when a fix is expected.

Dear Marco Tosin,

to be able to check which session logs are missing in the dashboards we do need the content of the send folders and SentFilesLog folders from the users you think there are missing logs.

Please can you collect, zip and send them to me.

Marco
bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hi Marco,

thanks for your reply. I think we'll put the Performance Advisor on hold...

The product seems not finished yet...

br Bernhard

btw. I have no permission to view your cases.

Hi Bernhard,

we are using PA for Creo since July 2015 and I think it's a great tool.

We had a big reduction of crash after we apply a couple of recommendations received from our PA for Creo dashboard but, at the same time, after we switched from Creo 2 M160 to Creo 2 M210 the number of sessions not loaded are more than those loaded.

I wrote our opened case because if you have a case open with TS you can ask them to link to mine.

Marco
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:tdraper)

Are they all on the same build?  Did you verify this one user is on the same build as the others?  I think there was a problem with builds M150 and M160.

Top Tags