cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

SOLVED
Granite

PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

PTC,

Since more then 4 weeks the PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express is dead/unavailable

See: See https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/thread/129940

Users of Creo Elements Direct Express are desperately asking for a response/official reponse.

Thanks for taking ownership for this issue.

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

I have news from the PTC Infrastructure team that they worked hard on the the problem in the last few weeks,  but it is now fixed.

Max Kublin   Please verify it

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Max - I've moved this discussion into our PTC Creo Elements/Direct‌ product community, since the PTC Community Help‌ group is intended for discussions about the PTC Community website. Our team is still working on resolving this issue and will have an update towards the end of the week. Stay tuned.

Hi,

I do not understand, why INNEO cannot contact PTC directly.

MH

Martin Hanák

Firstly, I contacted PTC - see comments of Ryan Kelly (PTC Comnunity Manager)

Secondly, there is *no* Support for CED Express - so there is no official way to contact PTC Support

Thirdly, as one of the developers of SolidDesigner, it is my personal engagement to help the CED Express Community

CED Express was created by CoCreate (before we were acquired by PTC) and the intent was to increase sales of the

Commercial Version of CED (aka SolidDesigner). It is quite obvious that CED Express users love the Software,

but do *not* buy a single seat of the commercial product.

As there is no business opportunity in sight, you should not expect that any Partner of PTC is jumping into the boat here.

It is solely up to PTC to decide about the future of CED Express.

I'm using CED Express, as so much of us, only for my hobby purposes for long time now.

It is a great piece of software and much thank's for that to PTC.

But it strikes me that PTC will some day shut down the free availability. Then all the constructions we made are useless.

So i'm forced to change to ViaCad 2d/3d by Punch! That's so sad, cause nothing is better than CED Express!!

Why couldn't PTC simply sell CED Express to us for a appropiate price, lets say 200Euro??? I think everybody who likes it is willing to pay for it.

But surely not 6000$ for private use only !!!!!!!!!!!

<It is solely up to PTC to decide about the future of CED Express>

...That's right, but the Roman Empire was once very large too. Competitors don't sleep and offers alternatives! Please take care PTC, otherwise there is no more growth!

As an advocate and user professionally of PTC products, (ProE, WindChill) and evangelist about other PTC Products (MathCad & Creo Elements) I am aghast at the complete silence here.

Please PTC, tell us if you wish to wind it down so we can make alternative arrangements,

This ignoring the "Server Issues" is really causing me ill feeling.

"Download this free 3D CAD software and create assemblies with up to 60 unique parts. Use it as long as you like. Once you've registered and downloaded the software, it's yours to use indefinitely"

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 6.0 Download | PTC

I'm not sure how that relates legally if they've encouraged people to use it because its "Free" and "it's yours to use indefinitely".

I think even for personal use there will be legal consequences if they do an about face on this issue.

If, however, they make it more and more difficult to get a license they will move to fewer users.

But if they are winding down they software line, why not just make it open source and totally free? Creo Elements isn't a competitor for ProE or NX or Catia, it's not cannibalising PTC ProE, if anything it will draw people off Inventor or SolidWorks. It's a direct competitor to SketchUp or Pirated CAD software.

If PTC withdraw Creo Elements, I would start using SketchUp. I tried it before commuting to Creo Elements, and now PTC are messing around with the users who commited to their software ("Free"/"It's yours indefinitely") I am starting to regret trusting the company statements they made.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm still being told we're working resolving this connection issue at PTC. No indications from my end that anything is "winding down".

I have news from the PTC Infrastructure team that they worked hard on the the problem in the last few weeks,  but it is now fixed.

Max Kublin   Please verify it

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post