cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Proxy Configuration: Connection failed

mcumbie
1-Newbie

PTC Proxy Configuration: Connection failed

I am new to the PTC Creo Direct Modeling Express 6.0 setup, and downloaded this free single user CAD tool to get started with making 3D objects. I choose the 64-bit version, and installed on my Windows 8.1 machine. After installing, I want to start the program, and it asked me to activate for new users. After registering for an account with PTC, I then attempted to activate, and get the following:

Connection failed.

For Modeling Express to automatically activate,

it requires access to the internet. Please check if a proxy has to be specified, and enter your company's proxy server details so that the activation can proceed.

I don't have any proxy settings in my browser, and am on a home network behind a NetGear wireless router. I do have access to the internet, and can't seem to determine why I am getting this message. Has anyone else seen this before? Any idea what I need to do to get PTC to see the internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

9 REPLIES 9
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:mcumbie)

I think there's a specific community for PTC Creo Direct Modeling Express 6.0, but I can't find it.  Ryan Kelley‌, can you move this to the right community where he can get the help he needs?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks for notifying me, Doug. I've moved this discussion into our Modeling Express - English space.

There is currently a general issue with the PTC License Server.

See: PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

This issue has been addressed and resolved: PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

Hi,

Looks like the problem is back? I get the same messages as indicated above.

*bump* Is the activation service broken again? I get proxy configuration error messages on two different systems on two different networks.

Hello Michael,

read also this

Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'nt work

there is a description how to get manualy a 72 hour licence.

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
BenW
5-Regular Member
(To:mcumbie)

For the last few weeks, I'm having this problem every time I use Creo Direct Elements.  Internet otherwise works fine.  Any suggestions?

Hi Ben, having the same issue.  Express worked well since the initial download on 7/30/23 but now does not start.  Instead a pop up dialogue prompting me for email and password to Activate comes up.  After entering my e-address and password. and selecting 'Activate' I get a second dialogue saying:  Connection failed.  For Modeling Express to automatically activate it requires access to the internet.  Please check if a proxy has to be specified and enter your company's proxy server details so that activation can proceed.  I'm merely an individual with a laptop, there is no proxy server.  My internet connection is fine and I have a basic PTC account with a valid password.  Frustrating to be sure.

Top Tags