cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PTC Virtual Environment Support

lruocco
1-Newbie

PTC Virtual Environment Support

Hello,

Current system:

PDMLink 9.0 m040

Wildfire 4.0 m050

Server OS: Windows Server 2003

I was told by PTC technical suport thatthey do not support their applications in a vuirtual environment. Specifically, I was told this while troublshootinga FlexLM licensing issue and Product View publishing with them. However, upon reading their customer support guide it states otherwise. The CS guide (Page 7-4) states thatas long as the OS on the virtual machine has a supported OS (in this case Windows Server 2003), they will provide support. From personal experience, I could not get a the license file to run on a virtual server. We determined I had the correct license file and that it matched the Virtual Server mac address. Their vendor daemon would just not start, though all my other FlexLM license applications worked fine on the virtual server.After being told of the "non-support" by PTC, I went back to my physical server for licensing. I haven't tried the publishing (PV adapters) yet,so I have twoquestions:

1. Is anyone successfully running their licensing on a virtual server?

2. Is anyone successfullypublishingtheir thumbnails remotelyon a Virtual Server?

Thanks,

Louis

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags