cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC_common_name, file rename

ptc-984704
1-Newbie

PTC_common_name, file rename

Issue 1: In WF2, when I "save as" a .prt and .drw and then open up the new files for editing, the "PTC_common_name" parameter stays as the old part number instead of the new one. How do I fix this to show the new number? Issue 2: When I rename a .drw and .prt from "file > rename", it works but it also leaves the old part number in the directory as well. How do I get ProE to remove the old files automatically? We have another user here that does not have these issues on his machine. I copied his config.pro file and replaced mine with his to see what would happen and nothing changed. thanks Mark
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Anyone have any ideas or comments on this issue?
Top Tags