cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Parametric & Direct, if you have the licenses

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Parametric & Direct, if you have the licenses

This is good info for anyone that interpreted the articles and press releases for Creo 1.0 they way I did. It's my own fault for believing it since it was never explicitly stated. I thought by being a Pro/E user with a maintenance license that Creo 1.0 was going to give me the additional tools of direct modeling that I could combine with my parametric tools, but the reality is that an additional license is necessary for me to have the direct modeling tools.

Another way to phrase it would be to say that if you previously had licenses for Pro/E and CoCreate then you will also have the interoperability of parametric and direct models within Creo 1.0.

Did anyone else share my confusion as well? Maybe I still have the facts wrong Please share.

-Kevin

2 REPLIES 2

You will need to buy a "CREO DIRECT" license if you want to do direct modeling from scratch (i.e. create new models using direct modeling technique)

if you wish to only EDIT models, you can buy a "flexible modeling" add-on module to creo parametric that will allow you to do direct editing on models.

in either case you will need to spend more $$.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:bcavanaugh)

Ah, I see. I noticed the Flexible Modeling in the menu and I saw a screen shot online of a boss being dragged across multiple surfaces. Do you have any idea what the price for Flexible Modeling is?

Top Tags