cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric.exe will not run

SOLVED

Re: Parametric.exe will not run

Jorge,

1.) TEST: open Command prompt window, enter full path to parametric.exe (move parametric.exe from Windows Explorer on Command prompt window) and press ENTER

What happened ?

2.) CHECK: open Command prompt window, type PATH and press ENTER, show us the output of the command

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Try swapping the graphics cards. It is possible you have a hardware defect.

This is a brand new Asus laptop, same as my colleague. But I've tried but start it just with Intel graphics instead of nvidia and it didn't worked.

Martin,

Your step one worked with both parametric.exe file in the instalation folder and on the desktop shortcut (I have the shortcut starting in a custom folder). I can launch it trough prompt.

My PATH has the following:

PATH=

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;

C:\PTC\UTILIT~1\MKSTOO~1\bin64;

C:\PTC\UTILIT~1\MKSTOO~1\bin;

C:\PTC\UTILIT~1\MKSTOO~1\bin\X11;

C:\PTC\UTILIT~1\MKSTOO~1\mksnt;

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;

C:\Windows\system32;

C:\Windows;

C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;

C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;

C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\bin;C:\PTC\Flexnet\bin

EDIT: I don't know if this helps but when I close Parametric my task manager has one process called "PTC Creo 3.0 from PTC (32 bits)" which points to "C:\PTC\PTC Portmapper\i486_nt\obj\portmap.exe"

Thanks in advanced

Jorge,

inside the PATH contents, I don't understand C:\PTC\UTILIT~1\MKSTOO~1\* entries. Did you install MKS Toolkit ?

My suggestion:

• uninstall all Creo 3.0 M020 items (Parametric, SImulate, ...)
  • uninstall MKS Toolkit (if it was installed during Creo 3.0 M020 installation)
  • uninstall Creo Platform 3.89
  • uninstall PTC Quality Agent
  • uninstall Portmapper (if you see it in the list)
  • install Creo 3.0 M020 from the scratch in C:\PTC\Creo3_M020 empty directory to prevent mixup with other installations
  • select Parametric item, only during installation ... deselect other automatically selected items, scroll down to see all items

Also check whether CREOAPP_DIRECTORY variable is defined:

• open Command prompt window, type set CREOAPP_DIRECTORY and press ENTER key

What Windows version is installed on your laptop ?

On other laptop, is it Creo installed in the same installation directory ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes, I'll need toolkit to develop for Creo.

I've reinstalled Creo multiple times. Maybe I should try to install all that I need 1 by 1?

I haven't that variable defined, neither has my colleague.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Not sure if you have the ability to do so, but try using Beyond Compare to see if a file is missing from the install. I tried reinstalling everything at once and then one thing at a time and neither worked until I realized the issue with that file. You can get a try version of Beyond Compare 4. On your colleaguse's laptop, share out the program file folder for Creo. Then map it to your laptop as a drive. When you open Beyond Compare you can select compare folders. Select your programs file folder and his and run the compare. It will tell you what files he has that you are missing (if any).

I spent well over 60 hours reinstalling and working with PTC to find that taking 5 minutes to run the compare gave me the reason why it wasn't working. It may not help you, but taking 10 minutes to give it a shot may be worth it or at least give you a better idea of the root issues.

I compared both folders and almost every file was different. I replaced my folder for his (and saved a copy) and the problem remains.

It seems it has no solution. I'll just keep on using the bat file to launch the program.

Thank you all for your tips.

Best regards

Have you compared the registry?

Highlighted

Is there any fields I should check more carefuly?

Thanks David

Jorge,

what if the problem is related to your user account ? Try to login as different user.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák